Please mark your calendars for the 10th Annual Fat Tire Festival and LungBUSTER Race on October 14th/15th 2017.
Race results can be found here.
Saturday October 14th
10:00 AM – Racing Skills clinic with Jerry Dufore pro Mountain bike racer. TCMBA members and Racers 1/2 price @ $30.00.
10:00 AM – Women’s ride with pro MTB racer Kayley Burdine. We will ride the race course, get advice from Kayley about the best lines to take, how to tackle any technical parts of the course and just get some general riding tips from her. Hopefully this may encourage more participation in the Sunday race. But whether you plan to race or not, come and enjoy the ride and stay afterwards for lunch and the various afternoon activities during the festival.
Noon – Taqueria La Reata food truck will be onsite.
Noon – Meet and Greet with the MS Blues Composite MTB Team.
1 PM – Free Kids race (6 and under, 7-10, & 10-14).
2 PM – Super D race ($10 Entry and cash awards)
4 PM – XC Eliminator race ($10 Entry and Cash awards)
6 PM – Larry Brewer and Doug Hurd will take the stage on the Mayfield Pavilion
Sunday October 15th
7 AM – Registration opens (closes 30 minutes prior to start time)
8:30 – AM Cat 3 and Juniors start- Swag and Trophies
10:00 – AM Pro/ cat1, cat 2 and Single Speed Start Cash and trophies
Pro/Cat1 = 5 laps = 20 miles (short Course)
Cat 2/ SS = 4 laps= 16 miles ( short course)
Cat 3/ Juniors = 2 laps= 8 miles (short course)
Pre-registration $35/ On-site registration $45
One day USAC License $10
All races USAC sanctioned
Gulf South Regional Series awards immediately following Lungbuster awards
Racers eat free Sunday.
LungBUSTER tax-deductible sponsorships and donations aid in keeping this family friendly event growing year after year. LungBUSTER brings with it racers and spectators from all over the southern region. Additionally, the TCMBA Board of Directors has voted to donate 50% of the net proceeds from the Fat Tire Festival to the MS Blues Composite Mountain Bike Team. The MS Blues team is a youth mountain bike team for grades 6th -12th and competes in the Alabama NICA League in the spring.
Sponsorship levels and benefits:
All sponsorships include:
- Optional 10×10 space to set up a tent
- Company Logo on LungBUSTER t-shirt
- Company Logo on event banner
- Placement of Company banner
- Company name mentioned throughout event
Presenting Sponsor (GOLD) – $2,000
- Top billing on promotional materials (t-shirts & signage)
- Prominent placement of tent, banners and branding
- **NEW** – To celebrate the LungBUSTER’s 10th year, we are offering the opportunity to have a spectator friendly, big feature portion of the trail named after you or your company, complete with signage and announcements throughout the event. The Rock Garden is the signature feature of the Ridgeland Trails and has the most visibility, most social media coverage and spectators
- Secondary placement on promotional material (t-shirts and signage).
- The TCMBA Wooden Berm, an iconic and exciting feature on the race course, enables racers to speed around a corner. Silver sponsorship will have naming rights to the wooden berm.
- Tertiary placement on promotional materials (t-shirts and signage)
- The Cave is a great place to see the racers speed by. Bronze sponsorship will have naming right to the cave.
One size doesn’t fit all. If your sponsorship/donation fits outside of the above packages, please indicate the level of sponsorship (monetary or in kind) on the enclosed sponsorship form
TCMBA Members and Racers – do you know anyone who would be interested in a LungBUSTER sponsorship? If you sign a sponsor to LungBUSTER, you have your choice of:
- FREE entry to the race
- FREE annual membership to TCMBA!
This year we are asking our sponsors to write their checks to:
Tri-County Mountain Bike Association and send to:
184 Parke Drive
Ridgeland, MS. 39157
TCMBA is an official 501(c)3 tax deductible organization.